Resource Engagement Models
Accuwiz offers forward-looking IT outsourcing engagement models to our clients that go over and beyond tactical outsourcing. These models offer the opportunity to accelerate outsourcing higher along the collaborative value chain. In the initial discussions with the prospective client, Accuwiz makes it a point to understand and evaluate the project requirements, project complexities, as well as the volatility of the client's business needs. Based on the project complexities and business volatility, we recommend an appropriate engagement model for the relationship to start. The rationale behind this is to assess technology risks, business risks and manpower risks and mitigate the same by an appropriate deployment of our resources
The engagement models offered by us are classified into 3 broad categories:
Fixed Duration/CostSoftware development projects that are built around a fixed budget, timeline and cost, are referred to as Fixed Duration projects. For small to mid-sized projects where the end-user is the buyer of a product or a service, this is the most common of all delivery methods.
Opt for the Fixed Duration Engagement Model if:
- The anticipated duration of the project is low.
- Requirements are not likely to change during the development process.
- The requirement is for a Business-to-Customer (B2C) venture and perhaps starting on a low scale/key.
- Enhancements to features and functions are likely to follow only after project implementation and not during the development process.
- Software implementation is governed by 'extremely' tight budgetary and financial constraints.
Time and Materials (T&M)specerProjects that are contracted for a defined (or open ended) number of hours are referred to as Time & Materials projects. With such projects, tasks are mapped to total number of hours spent on that task; detailed reports for 'hours spent' outline and enable authenticity and cross-verifications.
Opt for the Time & Materials Engagement Model if:
- Requirements, features and specifications for the software being developed, are likely to evolve at any stage during project development.
- The anticipated duration of the project cannot be estimated (or if estimating a fixed duration for the project can lead to counter-productive results).
- Between the two, 'Getting it right' is more important than 'Getting it right on time'.
- Substantial architecture-level and structural changes are likely to occur while the software solution is being developed.
- You would like to work with us for a defined number of hours that are not necessarily continuous (for example, eight hundred hours over five months).
Full Time Equivalents (FTE)Full Time Equivalents is an IT staffing solution wherein our personnel are assigned to and are dedicated to your project and therefore, designated by us for your purposes alone. Personnel can be software engineers, project managers, software testers, software analysts or consultants.
Opt for the Offshore IT Staffing Solutions if:
- You would like to augment your staff or outsource your IT operations to our development center (virtual staffing) while making the best use of our billing rates.
- The nature of software development is along the lines of one that requires our resources and personnel to possess and/or acquire expertise in a domain or vertical.
- Software to be developed and implemented will require continuous versioning & feature enhancements.
- Releases and re-releases are anticipated from the start; changing specifications will be governed by market conditions; maintenance and support is inherent to already developed portions and modules of the software.
- Your management/IT personnel are likely to work in conjunction with ours, for the continuing fulfillment of one or more of the possibilities mentioned above.